C A L L
P A R T I C I P A T I O N
P R E S E N T A T I O N S
P A P E R S
The Rexx Language Association invites you to participate in the 2024 International Rexx Symposium. This more than two-and-half-day technical conference will address topics related to the Rexx family of programming languages: Classic Rexx, NetRexx, and Open Object Rexx. Your knowledge and experience will be welcome, and may take the form of a presentation or a formal paper.
Each presentation proposal and its submitted text will be vetted by the symposium committee, with code reviews by a technical editor for Rexx code submitted in a paper.
The International Rexx Symposium is the only technical conference dedicated to the Rexx family of programming languages, drawing speakers and attendees from around the world.
The technical program will feature topics addressing Rexx solutions to business problems, application development challenges, Rexx language enhancements and extensions, novel Rexx programming ideas, and the design and implementation of Rexx interpreters and compilers.
The full range of Rexx platforms and environments will be represented, from the mainframe to the desktop to the phone, and from legacy operating systems to Linux to Java.
Proposals for Symposium presentations and papers are hereby solicited!Presentations and papers in the following topic areas are of particular interest:
- Novel, clever, or interesting problem solutions using ooRexx or Classic Rexx
- Rexx interfaces to Open Source products such as Java, OpenOffice, Linux, etc.
- Cross-platform integration/automation
- Mainframe, large-scale, or mission-critical Rexx applications
- ANSI Standard-compliant extensions to Rexx interpreters
- Deploying Rexx applications on unusual or diverse platforms
- Multi- and cross-platform applications
- Rapid prototyping in Rexx
- Designing Rexx applications for performance and portability
- Procedural and O-O Rexx interpreters, compilers, and libraries
- Using Rexx with other technologies such as telephony and wireless
- Re-hosting legacy Rexx applications
- Products that use Rexx as a scripting or macro language
- Status of current Rexx language processor implementations
Attendees will range from those who are relatively new to Rexx to authors of Rexx language processors and texts. Presentations are requested at all audience levels.
Session ProposalsSession proposals should include the following:
For an example, see this Sample Session Proposal.
- presenter's name and email address
- session title (fewer than 10 words)
- session abstract (fewer than 100 words)
- presentation type (introductory, tutorial, practitioner, advanced)
- author/presenter's biographical note (fewer than 100 words)
- special scheduling/duration or audio/visual/connectivity requirements
Sessions are one hour long, but alternative durations can be accommodated on request. Speakers should allow ample time for questions and demonstrations.
Presentation and formal paper proposals must be submitted by email to email@example.com
In order to be included in The Proceedings of the Rexx Symposium for Developers and Users(ISSN 1534-8954), a publication-ready version of the presentation or paper (preferably in PDF) must be received by February 28, 2024.
Thanks ToThe 2024 Rexx Symposium is sponsored by the Rexx Language Association, a non-profit member organization incorporated in North Carolina, with the generous support of many loyal volunteers and benefactors.